Lilia Sofía Sánchez Aguilar
Pediatrician Pediatric Neurologist - Honorary Member
Lilia studied medicine and pediatrics at the Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla. She then moved to Medellin, Antioquia to further her studies in child neurology at the Universidad de Antioquia and recently earned her certificate. She has dedicated her life to academia and her career, which are her passions.
Lilia has served as an instructor in Basic Life Support and Advanced Pediatrics – American Heart Association and has been a professor in the Specialization Program in Medicine and Pediatrics at the Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla. She has also served as a fellow in Child Neurology at the Hospital San Vicente and Pablo Tobon Uribe and as an outpatient consultant in the Clinica Leon XIII in Medellin, Antioquia.
Research Awards and Recognition
• First Place – Best Award for Clinical Epidemiology Work awarded in the V Latin American Congress of Neonatology – SIBEN. Title “ Availability of resources in the neonatal area and its relation to neonatal mortality in Colombia”. Mar del Plata, Argentina. 2008.
• Retrospective study. Title: “Electroencephalographic and Clinical Characterization of patients with generalized genetic epilepsy evaluated in the Specialized Center CEC – IPS LAB University of Antioquia”. Medellin, Colombia 2012.
• Report Proposal for a case in the VIII Latin American Congress on Epilepsy. Title: “Prosopagnosia Postictal in Posterior Quadrant Epilepsy”. Buenos Aires, Argentina 2014
• Baquero H, L Sánchez, Human milk fortifiers. Neonatal text. Bogota. 2010
• L Sánchez, David T, Iron deficiency anemia. Continuing Education Program in Pediatrics. PRECOP magazine. Volume 8 Issue 1 2009.
• Sánchez L, H Baquero, Galvis C. Availability of neonatal resources and its relation to neonatal mortality in Colombia. Scientific article. Manuscript evaluation. Uninorte Health magazine.